Toys, boys, and a happy house

I know I'm due for an introduction post but that's going to have to wait until another nightly time. Tonight I want to touch on toys. While I could  ramble on how everything we touch, taste, smell, clean with, or wear has junk like chemicals and synthetics in it, I am going to stick with what our sweet wee ones are surrounded by. Their play things. Balls, dolls, fake food, music playing toys. Do you know what these fun gadgets that baby boy is constantly exploring with his mouth and hands are made of? Where the colorful tea set that sister is drinking her tea and eating her crumpets off of was made? These are questions that we, as parents should be wondering. 
As a parent I'm very cautious of ingredients in my food as well as what I'm giving my son. We avoid high fructose corn syrup and added dyes, which is just one small way that I protect my child (food post for another night!) but his toys! He eats those daily and is constantly touching and throwing them across the house. What are they made of?? Because I've recently become a member of Generation Good and am going to be hosting a Healthy Baby Home Party I've been doing some research and am wanting to educate myself (and others!) for the safety of my home for my family! I just watched those YouTube video http://youtu.be/5vAVkv1LBx8 and it got me thinking, do I know what I'm allowing QMan to chew on and play with, the answer sadly is no. I don't. 
So here's what I'm going to share. In my quest (❤️❤️) for safer toys I've been researching companies, reading their mission statements and seeing where they stand on the environmental level. I want to share those with you!! The first name I'm going to out out there is Green Toys Inc. (http://www.greentoys.com). This company uses recycled materials (such as milk jugs) and food grade dyes (which means you can chew away on them and it's no different than eating a home made colored cupcake or something!) making them a very Eco-friendly company. I certainly am going to be shopping here for future toys for my growing boy (I already have a couple picked out on my amazon wish list!). 
Next is B. Toys (http://www.mybtoys.com) b.cause they care, too! B.toys  are free of BPA, lead-free, and phthalate-free! They are also packaged in recyclable or reusable boxes or packaging which is another bonus! We actually have some Oddballs and Wheeee-ls and QMan love them (and I feel good about him eating them!). 
Hape hape hooray! Hape (http://www.hapetoys.com/uk/en/) is another company that I gladly will support. They are focused on making toys that Eco-friendly and are created from sustainable materials. Their toys are not cookie cutter which I also love! Basically they have a lot of wooden toys that are so super cute! 
So there you have three options that are safer for your babes and that you can feel good about purchasing from! I hope that this post helps at least one Momma (or Daddy) make an educated purchase for their toy collection. I know that I am currently on a mission to transition out the bad toys and get better ones I'm! I previously had downsized our collection by over half and still feel like we have too much. I want the toys we do have to not only be safe but to help Little Man to be creative and use his little imagination while he plays! Now that my head is cleared (for now) I must say goodnight! Until next time, my friends! ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Night time, my time.

Growing Up and Out of Clothes